This privacy notice aims to give you information on how HTI Toys UK Limited collects and processes your personal data through your use of this website.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.htigroup.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is HTI Toys UK Limited, Eastham House, Copse Road, Fleetwood, FY7 7NY.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
To ensure that we keep delivering the best service and products, we collect and hold some details about you when you get in touch or contact us. We treat the privacy of your personal information in the same way that we treat our own information – with care and consideration.
The transmission of data via the internet is not completely secure. However, once received by us, we have taken every effort to ensure that your personal information remains protected and secure, including the undertaking of regular reviews of our security procedures.
With regard to each of your visits to our Site we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, and operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for page response times,
- Download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs).
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser – or the hard drive of your computer – if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the Site, or to use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to the Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the Site more relevant to your interests.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) then please be aware that you may not be able to access some or all aspects and areas of the Site.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts (including the terms of promotions we may run from time to time) entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- To provide you with information about goods we feel may interest you.
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may interest you.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including: our business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If HTI Group or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.